Initialize New Transaction
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 14:28, 22 October 2014 by Justusranvier (Created page with "<div style="float: right"><include iframe src="https://www.lucidchart.com/documents/embeddedchart/506ed019-070c-44d6-b5e4-994169ab0704" width="150" height="450" frameborder="0...")
- There are no pending transactions in the process of being constructed, either because this is the first transaction of the algorithm or because a previous pending transaction has been moved to the finished transaction list.
- Create a minimal transaction skeleton with a header and one change output.
- The change output will be the last output of the transaction, but the number of other outputs in this transaction is not yet known.
- The change output must be included in the skeleton for transaction size calculations.
- The position index for the change output is nil.
- The first non-change output for the transaction will be placed at position index 0.
After creating the transaction skeleton, and after any action which alters it, the new transaction size (bytes) and minimum required transaction fee must be recalculated.